official rules< BACK
“The Goslings Dare to Be Happy Bermuda Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Sweepstakes begins on March 15, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 1, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times will be given in Eastern Time (“ET”).
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48 contiguous United States (excluding residents of Alaska, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) who are twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Retailers, wholesalers, and importers of alcoholic beverages (including their family members, agents, and employees), as well as any other licensees of alcoholic beverages (including their family members, agents, and employees) are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Gosling-Castle Partners (the “Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies, dealers, advertising, and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such person and any others engaged in the development, production, execution, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, outside the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States, and where prohibited by law. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Persons who have previously won a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion of any kind sponsored or otherwise associated with Sponsor within the thirty (30) calendar days immediately preceding the start of this Sweepstakes are ineligible to participate or win a Prize (as defined below).
Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companion are required must complete travel by Dec 31, 2022 and must be able to attend all required publicity events or Grand Prize will be forfeited (as discussed in “PRIZES/PRIZE CONDITIONS” section of these Official Rules).
During the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://happy.goslingsrum.com/win and enter your age, email address, first name, last name, country of residence, and mobile phone number into the online lead capture form.
Receive an additional entry by visiting https://happy.goslingsrum.com/laugh, and follow the prompts on Instagram. Post your video to Instagram using #DareToBeHappy and tag @Goslings.
There is a limit of one (2) Entries per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
WINNING/ODDS: On or about June 2, 2021 one (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a Prize (defined below) are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of a Sponsor representative whose decision is based upon his sole discretion and his interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects.
Grand Prize: One (1) prize of an experience (the “Grand Prize”) for the Grand Prize Winner and a guest (the “Travel Companion”) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner, to include the following: a 4-day trip for two (2) to Bermuda. Trip includes round-trip economy class air transportation to/from the gateway airport nearest winner’s home to Bermuda, round trip airport transfer to/from hotel in Bermuda, hotel accommodations (single/double room occupancy) in Bermuda for three nights. No alcoholic beverages are included as any part of the prize. Subject to availability and blackout dates.
Approximate Retail Value: $2,500
Any expenses related to the Grand Prize including without limitation, any federal, state, or local taxes, fees, gratuities and personal expenses, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as the Grand Prize. No transportation or food costs, other than what is expressly listed as the Grand Prize, will be covered by the Sponsor. Depictions of any part of the Grand Prize package in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize Winner/Travel Companion must visit Bermuda by December 31, 2022 or Grand Prize will be forfeited. In such case, no alternate prize will be awarded to such Grand Prize Winner and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all remaining non-winning eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. All travel is subject to availability at time of request, blackout dates (including holidays) and other restrictions may apply. Tickets/itineraries are final once confirmed and may not be changed for any reason, other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companion must travel on same itinerary and must have valid required travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, passport, birth certificate, etc.) before departure. Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companion are solely responsible for determining and obtaining, each at his/her own cost, required travel documents. Travel Companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to accompany the Grand Prize Winner. The value of the Grand Prize may be taxable as income and Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including but not limited to all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Grand Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No substitution or cash redemption of Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prizes are not transferable prior to awarding. Prize Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes arising from receipt, possession, acceptance or use of any Prize if applicable. No more than the number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Name of Prize manufacturers/trademark owners are used solely for the purposes of identification of the Prizes. No endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or approval of Prize manufacturers/trademark owners is intended or implied by such use.
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Grand Prize Winner will be notified via email by a Sponsor representative on or about June 2, 2021 after Prize Winner is verified (the “Notification”). In order to receive his/her Grand Prize, potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the Notification within the date and time indicated within the Notification. In the event that the potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within the date and time indicated within the Notification, a second Notification will be sent to the potential Grand Prize Winner, giving the potential Grand Prize Winner an additional time frame (to be indicated in the second Notification) to respond. In addition to the information above, potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and IRS Form W-9 as defined in order to claim his/her Grand Prize (the “Required Documents”). Potential Grand Prize Winner’s Travel Companion will also be required to complete and sign a travel companion waiver (the “Waiver”). The value of the Prize may be taxable as income and Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Prize. Potential Prize Winners must report income to the IRS. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Prize, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and another Prize Winner selected as outlined above. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements. The Sponsor (or a party acting on its behalf) must report the value of the Prize to the IRS in the year the Prize is received by the Prize Winner and will be reported to the Prize Winner and the IRS in the form of a Form 1099. In the event that: (a) the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to respond to the second Notification; (b) a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to supply the Required Documents (defined below); (c) any Notification is returned as undeliverable; and/or (d) it is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that a potential Grand Prize Winner is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible Entries received either during the Sweepstakes Period and notified as outlined above.
Except where prohibited by law, Prize Winners consent (and agree to sign any additional documents required by Sponsor to formalize, effect or perfect such consent) to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness (photograph and/or video), biographical information, and voices in advertising/publicity/trade without compensation, notice or approval; and, Prize Winners disclaim any ownership rights of such advertising/publicity/trade material (TN residents are not required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning a prize).
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes in a manner which in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or reject any incomplete, inaccurate or false Entry. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, members, shareholders, insurers, servants, divisions, predecessors, successors, representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, including the Independent Administrator, consultants and legal advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, redemption or use of any Prize.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (ii) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (iii) any injury, damage or loss (including death) to persons or property of any kind, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt, use or misuse of any Prize; (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (v) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete, or indecipherable Entries; or (vi) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, mobile device, cable, network, hardware or software.
DISPUTES: Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, an Entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information collected from Prize Winners is subject to Sponsor’s privacy policies, located at https://www.goslingsrum.com/privacy-policy-2/.
ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY:
Entrants may send a self-addressed, stamped envelope containing entrant’s email address, first name, last name, city and state of residence, and date of birth, to be received no later than June 1, 2021, to “The Goslings Dare to Be Happy Bermuda Giveaway” (please specify “Alternate Method of Entry”), Gosling-Castle Partners, 510 5th Ave, Office # 323, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10036
WINNER’S LIST/RULES REQUEST: For the name of the Prize Winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, please submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received no later than September 1, 2021 to “The Goslings Dare to Be Happy Bermuda Giveaway” (please specify “Winners List” or “Rules Request”), Gosling-Castle Partners, 510 5th Ave, Office # 323, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10036. A copy of these Official Rules may also be obtained at https://happy.goslingsrum.com/rules/ at any time during the Sweepstakes Period.
SPONSOR: Gosling-Castle Partners, 510 5th Ave, Office # 323, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10036
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without permission of the Sponsor.
The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value without prior notice in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Terms and Conditions agreed to shall apply with equal applicability to any substitution prize or deviation. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any claim made whatsoever, including but not limited to loss, compensation, or refund by reason of such substitution or deviation.
A respiratory virus, called Covid19, has been identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness that began in December 2019 in the city of Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. Additional cases have been identified in other countries. The Winner can find updated information on the Center for Disease Control’s website. If you develop symptoms after attending, see a doctor right away and advise your hotel management. All guests shall further acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, and Sponsor’s parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, successors, assigns, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNMENT ENTITIES:
The Sponsor its affiliates, and parent as well as all prize venues or providers and/or related entities shall have the right to comply with any and all orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any government entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority, and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of any agreement entitling the winner to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund.
TRAVEL SAFETY WARNING:
Due to the fact that travel and tourism are constantly in a state of flux, the Winner shall consult the U.S. State Department’s website at travel.gov and enter the name of the country(ies) that they plan to visit for the latest information concerning traveler safety, security, and health advisories. All guests are responsible for checking the travel and entry protocols for the destination that they are travelling to before they depart and ensuring that they fully understand and comply with any such protocols. For example, for some destinations, may require obtaining a negative PCR Covid-19 test a certain number of days before travel. Please visit the travel.gov website before travel and check the official Government website for the country you are visiting. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any additional costs incurred for any required test or any other pre-travel or post travel requirements.
By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, each of their affiliates or subsidiary companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, successors, assigns and insurers from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in or receipt or use of the prize. The winner will be required to execute and deliver an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. In addition, each Winner’s traveling companion will be required to complete and return a Travel Companion Waiver. In addition, it is the responsibility of the winner and any traveling companions to obtain or maintain a valid U.S. passport at the time of travel should the winners in question be traveling to another country.
By accepting a Prize, where permitted by law, the winners grant to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time the their full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. By participating, winner and nay travel companions release and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY that may arise from participating in this activity or its related activities or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize. The winner also acknowledges that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize.
As of March 1, 2021, the travel protocols for Bermuda are as follows, and may be amended, revised, restated or modified in any by Bermuda, the United Stated Government or any air travel provider or other service provider involved in the administration or provision of the prize. Sponsor and the Released Parties bear no responsibility for these rules, and it is the sole and absolute responsibility of the winner and any travel companion to comply with all rules promulgated by the such persons that are applicable to any other traveler, including, without limitation as follows:
BERMUDA TRAVEL PROTOCOLS
Visitors are to comply with the following Bermuda Government protocols:
Pre-departure— A traveler must:
- One to three days before departure, complete the Bermuda Travel Authorization process online which gathers important information for the island’s health and immigration officials; a $75 fee per traveler is required, which includes the cost of all COVID-19 testing in Bermuda. Only MasterCard and Visa are accepted. Each passenger must have a form completed regardless of age. NOTE: Children 9 and younger do not have to be tested at any point, and their Travel Authorization fee is $30. Travel Authorization FAQ
- Effective December 4, visitors must take a PCR COVID-19 test and obtain a negative result no more than five days before arrival. The day of testing is day 0. This applies to adults and children aged 10 and up. Children who are nine years old and younger are exempt and are subject to their adult travel companion’s quarantine. Children 10-17 must receive parental consent to be tested. If consent is denied, the young traveler must quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Test results must be entered as part of the online travel authorization process and be presented upon arrival in Bermuda. Visitors without a pre-departure test will not be able to obtain Travel Authorization and enter Bermuda.
- Travelers now have two options to get tested for Bermuda travel through Costco; purchase a test kit voucher from Costco.com and have the kit shipped to your home, or purchase the test kit from select Costco pharmacy locations. To purchase in the pharmacy, travelers must first complete an online health assessment and get a lab order. You will receive a lab order QR code. Show this code to the pharmacist to purchase your kit at any of the participating Costco pharmacy locations. Follow the step-by-step instructions for purchasing your at home test kit from participating Costco pharmacies at azova.com/costcotravel.
- For New York City-based visitors, COVID-19 PCR screening service is available through OpenClear’s Midtown Manhattan testing site every Tuesday (9 am to 3 pm, by appointment only – see website for most up-to-date testing schedule).The COVID-19 PCR screening includes either saliva or nasal swab procedures and requires proof of travel to Bermuda within five days (flight number and flight date). OpenClear offers three result turnaround times (12–24 hours, 24–48 hours, 48–72 hours), with prices starting at $199, and is an out-of-network testing service provider that does not accept any insurance for this COVID-19 screening service. The service aims to help visitors to Bermuda from the New York City area, as well as returning residents of Bermuda, obtain a COVID-19 PCR test result.
- Wear face masks and practice physical distancing at the departure airport.
Additionally, a traveler should:
- Acquire health insurance covering illness and injury outside of your home jurisdiction, including those related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while in Bermuda. If this is not obtained, a visitor will be responsible for all health and accommodation costs should they require treatment and/or quarantine, including costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in Bermuda
- Pack a thermometer
In Flight— During flight, travelers must:
- Wear a face mask while on the plane
- Practice physical distancing to the extent possible Upon Arrival
Upon arrival, travelers must:
- Show a copy of your Travel Authorization. If you do not have a printer, have ready a charged phone or tablet to show your Travel Authorization.
- Present a copy of the pre-departure COVID-19 negative test result taken no more than 5 days before departure. The day you test, is day 0.
- UndergoPCR COVID-19 testing at the Bermuda L.F. Wade International Airport. Those with a pre-departure PCR COVID-19 test will quarantine at their accommodation until results are ready (turnaround time is approximately 24 hours for most results, though results may take longer depending on arrival time).This applies to adults and children ages 10 and up. Children less than 10 years old are exempt from the PCR COVID-19 test.
- Effective December 8, all returning residents and visitors are required to wear a Traveler Wristband for the first 14 days of their stay.Traveler Wristbands will be distributed during testing upon arrival. Travelers who do not wish to wear the wristband will be required to quarantine at their accommodation for 14 days.
- Wear a face mask and practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible.
On-island Experience— When enjoying Bermuda, travelers must:
- Practice physical distancing, hygiene and mask-wearing in all public spaces where there is close contact with others, including on all public transport (taxis, ferries and buses). Simultaneously, we’re working to increase contactless payment methods
- Take your own temperature twice per day and report via online application/portal
- Take a COVID-19 test, administered on Day 4, Day 8 and Day 14 at testing centres (Perot Post Office, City of Hamilton Mon–Sat; Southside, St. David’s Sun). The location and time of each of your tests will automatically be booked for you, so please do not arrange separate appointments. You will receive email reminders 24 hours before each test. To reschedule the time, please call the government’s COVID-19 hotline: 441/444-2498 (open 9 am–9pm).Note: For subsequent on-island tests, Day 0 is the day you arrive in Bermuda.
- Comply with restrictions on gatherings to a maximum of 10people, with physical distancing in place.
- Adhere to the new indoor dining restrictions effective December 24 (as updated from time to time).A helpful guide for Bermuda travelers’ first 14 days is available here: A Traveler’s First 14 Days
- Travelers should review all travel protocols and requirements in place at the arrival destination.
- Most travelers returning to the United States, United Kingdom or Canada will have their outbound testing requirements met within the existing testing regime with testing on arrival and again ondays4, 8 and 14.Any visitor in need of an outbound test not covered by the existing testing programme, is automatically booked for a return home test. These will bematched with the 72-hour requirement for test results on the way out. Learn more.
COVID-19 POSITIVE TEST RESULT
If a traveler becomes COVID-19 positive, is a close contact of a positive person, is symptomatic, or if a traveler is clinically diagnosed at any point, they will be subject to public health (COVID-19) regulations and will be quarantined or isolated, as appropriate, at their accommodation for up to 14 days. Each property will provide guidance on its parameters for handling positive cases, including, in many instances, offering a quarantine room at the same property at no additional cost for rate-paying guests.
Anyone who becomes COVID-19 positive, or whom health authorities believe could be positive, will be fitted with an Aqua electronic bracelet to assist with isolation/quarantine.
US PROTOCOLS FOR RETURN TRAVEL FROM BERMUDA
Subject to change
All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board a flight to the United States. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Social distancing is difficult in busy airports and on crowded flights, and sitting within 6 feet of others, sometimes for hours, may increase your risk of getting COVID-19. How you get to and from the airport, such as withpublic transportation and ridesharing ,can also increase your chances of being exposed to the virus.
Testing before and after travel can reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Testing does not eliminate all risk, but when paired with a period of staying at home and everyday precautions like wearing masks and social distancing , it can make travel safer by reducing spread on planes, in airports, and at destinations.
Here’s what to know:
- If you are eligible, get fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Wait 2 weeks after getting your second vaccine dose to travel—it takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination
- Get tested with a viral test 1-3days before you travel. Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel in case you are asked for them.
- Don’t travel if you test positive; immediately isolate yourself, and follow public health recommendations
- All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about this requirement.
- Get tested 3-5 days after travelANDstay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If you don’t get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 10 days after travel.
- Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.
- Delay your travel if you are waiting for test results.
Do NOT travel if you were exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, or you have tested positive for COVID-19. Learn when it is safe for you to travel. Don’t travel with someone who is sick.
Get Tested Before Your Flight
Below is what you need to know about getting tested before your international flight.
- Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip and again no more than 3 days before your return flight to the United States departs.
- Make sure you get your test results before you travel. If you are waiting for results, delay your travel.
- Do not travel if your test result is positive; immediately isolate yourself, and follow public health recommendations .
- A negative test does not mean that you were not exposed or that you will not develop COVID-19. Make sure to weara mask , avoid crowds, stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from others, wash your hands, and watch your health for signs of illness while traveling.
- Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel. You may be asked for them.
Check if your airline requires any health information, testing, or other documents. Some destinations require testing before travel and/or after arrival. Information about testing requirements for your destination may be available from the Office of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health, or the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Country Information webpageexternal icon .
Take steps to reduce higher-risk activities for 14 days before your trip and get tested 1-3 days before you travel. This could help reduce the chance that your travel will be interrupted or delayed by COVID-19.
a. Get Tested and Stay Home After Travel
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travelANDstay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
Also, take these actions after you return from travel to protect others from getting COVID-19:
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who did not travel with you. It’s important to do this everywhere — both indoors and outdoors.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public settings. Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms ofpublic transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- If there are people in the household who did not travel with you, wear a mask and ask everyone in the household to wear masks in shared spaces inside your home for 14 days after travel.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness .
Watch your health: Look for symptoms of COVID-19.